Probably many of you are assuming the title of the post is rhetorical – of course your employees are your greatest assets, right? The most telling evidence of whether this is true, though, will come from your employees themselves. Are they excited about the mission of your organization? Do they understand their individual roles when it comes to accomplishing that mission? Does their engagement with your organization create great experiences for your customers?
What we know from publicly available data regarding employee engagement is that many workers don’t love their jobs – and many of those would leave if the right opportunity presents itself. I discussed this issue recently with John Hollon, Vice President for Editorial at TLNT.com and ERE Media. We were joined by Dave Almeda, Chief People Officer at Kronos, and responsible for the global human resources function at Kronos, including talent acquisition and development, benefits, and employee engagement for Kronites around the world. You can listen to our discussion of the following questions and others by playing the recording at the bottom of this post.
- Obviously not all companies walk the walk when it comes to treating employees like assets. For the ones that do it right, what do they do differently?
- The concept of treating employees as assets has been around for decades. Does it mean something different to today’s workforce than it did when organizations originally started using this battle cry?
- How have organizations changed their thinking about employee engagement in recent years as they deal with an increasing population of GenY and GenZ employees?
- Kronos has won several Best Places to Work awards, including the #1 spot in Massachusetts last year. What has Kronos found to be the most important strategies to ensure that employees themselves feel that they are assets?
- How can corporate culture help cultivate an atmosphere where employees are treated likeme
assets? And who is responsible for that culture?
You can listen in on our conversation here:
What’s your organization doing to ensure that your employees feel the love?