We’re hosting a Tweet Chat on Monday, June 4 about our recent Sidelined by Sports survey. You can join us to “talk” about the results from this survey. The Tweet Chat will be moderated by @KronosInc. I (@WF_Institute) will be serving as community moderator and we’ll be joined by Workforce Institute board members & other industry influencers who’ve agreed to participate.
Here are the questions we’ll be discussing:
- Q1: Were you surprised by how high – or how low – the numbers of people who call in sick to watch sports were in the US? What about globally?
- Q2: For those of you with experience travelling to or working in India and China – why do you think their responses were so much higher?
- Q3: What about feeling guilty about calling in – a lot of people did – but they still do it. Were you surprised those numbers were so high?
- Q4: Employees around the world seemed to feel that working flexible hours would be the best way to solve this problem – do you agree?
- Q5: We’ve found that giving hourly employees control over the hours they work can have a big impact on job satisfaction. Has anyone seen this in action?
- Q6: The big global sporting event on the horizon is the Olympics – what would you suggest employers do to help minimize unplanned absences around this time?
- Q7: Ok…fess up – what sport are you most likely to call in sick over? If not a sport, what activity would you most like to undertake on a day off?
If you’ve never participated in a Tweet Chat before, here are some logistical tips:
- Sign up for twitter if you don’t already have an account.
- We suggest using a free tool called Tweetchat.com to facilitate your participation in the chat. Enter the hashtag without the “#” (kronoschat) for this event where indicated at the top of the homepage. Note that you don’t have to add the “#” as tweetchat.com does that for you.
- You can tweet directly from tweetchat.com, which will automatically include the hashtag (#kronoschat) at the end of your tweets for you. The tool will display all tweets using our hashtag in sequence, real-time and conveniently filtering out the noise from your twitter home feed.
- Please answer questions in the following format: (A1: Answer goes here #kronoschat). Answers to questions must include “A” and the question number. If you simply want to comment or reply to another’s response then there is no need to include A and number.
- Please be sure to include the following hashtag in all tweets: #kronoschat. This hashtag allows Twitter users to participate and follow the Tweet Chat. Again, if you use tweetchat.com, it will supply the hashtag for you.
Hope to see you Monday!