Today's post is courtesy of Joyce Maroney, Executive Director of the Workforce Institute at Kronos. Please join us for our July 11 tweetchat about Gen Z.
We recently published global research on Gen Z and their attitudes toward work. Tomorrow we'll be hosting a tweetchat in which you can join our board members to discuss the implications of this research.
Here are the deets if you'd like to join us:
- Date: 7/11
- Time: 12pm - 1pm ET
- Hosts: @KronosInc
- Community Leader: @WF_Institute (Joyce Maroney)
- Hashtag: #kronoschat
- Hashtag: #kronoschat
We'll be discussing the following questions. Please jump in and let us know what you think!
- Gen Zers say they're the hardest-working generation compared
to those that have preceded them. Why do you think that is?
- Several of our questions revealed that Gen Z workers place
a high value on flexibility. But, 33% say their employer gives them no say over
their work schedule. What can employers do to accommodate more flexibility
while still meeting their business goals?
- We were surprised that our respondents cited anxiety as the
biggest barrier to their professional success. Why are Gen Z workers so
anxious? And what can a manger do to help suppress this anxiety?
- Anxiety is the greatest concern among Gen Z in Canada, the
U.K., and the U.S. Why do you think that is?
- 75% of Gen Zers prefer to receive in-person feedback from their
managers. How do you encourage more face-to-face interaction while also
providing the flexibility they want?
- Education is perceived as a barrier to workplace success by
one in four (26%) Gen Zers. How can organizations and managers effectively develop
Gen Z for what school didn't teach them?
- Gen Z values trust and support above all else in a manager
- even more than communication, transparency, and optimism. How can companies
train managers to effectively build and retain an inspired multigenerational
- 57% of Gen Z worldwide expects to be promoted at least once
a year - and 18% expect it every 6 months! How can organizations and managers
recognize a job well done while setting realistic expectations?
- 31% of Gen Zers worldwide expect their employer to offer paid mental
health days in support of work-life balance. What other sorts of benefits can
organizations offer to meet these types of expectations?
- In your own words, how will Gen Z help shape the future of