Today’s post is courtesy of Joyce Maroney, executive director of the Workforce Institute at Kronos.
In this podcast, we’re talking about best practices in global technology deployments of Human Capital Management and Workforce Management software. In prior posts and podcasts, we’ve discussed how to deploy technology in a way that will encourage user adoption and deliver better business results. The level of difficulty of delivering a successful deployment is even greater when that deployment crosses national borders, encountering differences in labor laws, user attitudes toward technology, and data privacy rules.
My guests today know a lot about deploying sophisticated HR and workforce management solutions across the globe.. Both of them are members of our Workforce Institute board. Simon Porter is the Vice President of Digital HR at NGA Human Resources where he leads a global team responsible for consulting and implementing HR Technology for large global clients covering Core HR, workforce management and payroll. John Frehse is a Senior Managing Partner at Ankura Consulting Group, and an expert at implementing workforce management solutions for Fortune 500 companies across a variety of industries.
In our discussion, we cover the following topics:
- As organizations begin to consider the global deployment of an HR or workforce management solution, what are the 2 or 3 most important things they should include in their planning?
- What are the most common mistakes that project leaders make when managing projects like these?
- When it comes to rolling out the new technology, do you suggest a phased approach or a big bang? How do you know which strategy will work best for your organization?
- There are differences between how countries treat data that is hosted and conveyed via the cloud. How can organizations make sure they are compliant with rules around the globe?
- What are common pitfalls that occur in global deployments – and how can leaders avoid them?
- How can leaders ensure that users will actually use the new technology.
- What are the most effective channels for educating users about the launch of new technology, especially the end users?
Please listen in on our discussion below and add your perspectives in the comment section of this post.0