Today’s post is submitted by Joyce Maroney, Executive Director of the Workforce Institute.
I was recently a guest on Matt Alder’s podcast, Recruiting Future. We chatted about the results of our recent research that raised the question of whether many jobs could be done in fewer than the traditional 40 hours per week.
During our interview we discussed the research findings and how employers can use these insights to recruit and retain the talent they need. The topics we cover include:
• The conundrum of longer hours and reduced productivity
• What are the key interruptions that effect productively
• How can employers improve the situation
• Is a four day week possible and/or practical?
• The role of leadership
• The logistics of offering unlimited holidays
• Do attitudes vary from country to country?
You can listen to our conversation on the player below: